A leader in quality housing, NWGHA's mission statement is to provide decent, safe and sanitary housing for eligible families, and to promote self-sufficiency and economic independence for its residents.
About the NWGHA…
NWGHA is comprised of 15 public housing communities and 714 Housing Choice Vouchers (Rome and Rockmart Georgia)
Learn about the House of the Children Academy
Now utilizing the
Welcome to the website of the Northwest Georgia Housing Authority (NWGHA). For the past sixty-three years, NWGHA has been providing safe, decent and sanitary housing for our residents.
Opening of Waiting List for
Project Based Voucher
- Ashland Park Apartments (Multifamily)
- Willingham Village (Multifamily)
- Etowah Terrace (Elderly 55 and Over)
- Greystone Apartments (Elderly & Disabled)
This notice is to advise that effective Wednesday, July 6, 2016, Northwest Georgia Housing Authority will open the waiting list for the Project Based Voucher Program for Ashland Park Apartments, Willingham Village, Etowah Terrace and Greystone Apartments.
Northwest Georgia Housing Authority will be accepting preliminary applications by phone at (706) 235-0247 or on this NWGHA’s website. Preliminary Applications will be accepted from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm. Please DO NOT leave a message. Phone calls will not be returned. Walk-in applicants will not be seen. Our office services Floyd County and Polk County areas only.
Names will be randomly selected to receive appointments to complete applications for participation in the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Only one application per person will be accepted. You must provide a picture ID and proof of residence. Reasonable accommodations will be made for those with disabilities.
Please be advised that effective Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 4:00pm, Northwest Georgia Housing Authority will close the waiting list for the Project Based Voucher Program for Ashland Park Apartments, Willingham Village, Etowah Terrace and Greystone Apartments
In the past few years, NWGHA has progressed into a position of becoming a leader in quality housing. The following improvements have been made to NWGHA communities.
- All NWGHA communities have playgrounds.
- Major modernization efforts have been completed in the John Graham Homes, Main High Apartments, Park Homes, Westview and Eastview.
- Twenty-seven apartments have been newly constructed at the Willingham Village Division Street site.
- Numerous resident programs are in place to assist our residents. These include ROSS Neighborhood Networks Program, ROSS Elderly and Family Program, Resident Associations, Family Self Sufficiency,The House of the Children Academy, a state of the art licensed early learning center and much more.
Our ultimate goal is to assist residents in making the transition from public housing to home ownership. Appalachian Housing Counseling Agency is available to assist residents in this process. We urge residents to become familiar with the resources provided by this authority and to call on the staff if assistance is needed.
We strongly encourage residents to take advantage of these valuable programs and services.
Cental Office Address:
PO Box 1428
326 W 9th St, Rome GA 30165
House of the Children Fundraisers:
Click on the icon for more information: